Sunday, August 26, 2012

Carmen's Nightstand Makeover


I know Gary was hoping that he could keep this blog all to himself. But... not the case. With his permission, I'm going to add in my projects, since he did name the blog "The Garland Projects." And sometimes I want to share the things that I make. By the way, he hasn't posted in forever because we are both (well I guess mostly he is) working on a huge office makeover. It was supposed to be done by this school year, which started last week. Wuh wuh! But he's progressing nicely so hopefully in the next couple of months it will be organized and neat and we will be able to find everything we need.

Sooo... here's something I did a couple months ago. I've had this nightstand since I was a teenager and it's never been very beautiful. I've never thought of doing anything to it since Gary, being the amazing woodworker he is, will make us a bedroom set one day. But I started thinking. After the office, M needs a bunk bed. Then, I'd really like a kitchen table (we don't even have a chair for M yet and he's 2 already.) Then I'd like a built-in for our TV niche. Then, then, then. So I decided I needed to spend as little money as possible and fix what we have to not make me cringe when I walk in the bedroom door. And this was the first project I tackled.

Sanded, painted, changed the knob, distressed (I sanded a little of the paint off in a few areas and rubbed stamp-pad ink on a paper towel and then rubbed that on the sanded areas.) Done! I love the result. So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment